We invite everyone to be a member of the PTA…parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors…everyone! NO VOLUNTEERING REQUIRED!
$6 per membership…Join TODAY!
pdf PTA Membership Form (313 KB)
PTA meetings are the 1st Wednesday of each month at 10:00 am in the cafeteria. All PTA members are invited to attend.
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
Your donations to the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) go toward funding awesome programs for the kids at Willow Springs Elementary…
· Back to School Night
· Jog-A-Thon (Our fun run and annual fundraiser!)
· Red Ribbon Week (Our drug awareness program.)
· Reflections Art Contest
· Book Fair
· Literacy Program and Reading Contest
· Meet the Masters (Teaching children about artists and art history…Each class has an art docent that helps teach and work on the project each month.)
· Chess Club
· Teacher Appreciation Week
· Emergency Preparedness
· Bike Rodeo (Teaching kids about bike safety and exercise.)
· Birthday Lunches with the Principle
· Field Day
· Maturation Program
· Vision and Hearing Screenings
· Kindergarten Orientation
· Book Club
· Spirit Nights (Classic Skating)
· FIELD TRIPS!!
Joining the PTA does not mean you have to volunteer! We LOVE volunteers and there are many opportunities to help…but if you don’t have the time, you don’t need to worry! We need you to join so that we can continue the programs that the PTA sponsors each year.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
There are many ways that you can help out and get involved at Willow Springs Elementary…
1. Join the PTA today: pdf PTA Membership Form (313 KB)
2. Attend Back to School Night: Sign up to volunteer for one of the PTA sponsored events.
3. Become a room parent: Room parents plan the holiday parties and activities for your teacher. Room parents meet in September to plan and organize the year.
4. Volunteer in the classroom: Each teacher will have a calendar to schedule parents to come in and volunteer. You can come once a month, or every week. You will have the opportunity to sign up at Back to School Night.
5. Send in your Box Tops: Start clipping, collecting and sending those box tops to school – they help us earn cash for things the school needs most. The PTA also has a monthly prize for the classroom that brings in the most!
6. Earn money for the school while you shop: That’s right – every year make sure that you have re-enrolled for the following:
a. Smith’s Earn & Learn Program: Link your Smith’s Rewards card to Willow Springs Elementary to help us earn rewards checks. www.SmithsFoodAndDrug.com
b. Amazon Smile: Login to Amazon Smile and start shopping– a percentage of your eligible purchases will be will be sent to Willow Springs PTA to go toward our extra school programs. www.smile.amazon.com